I've been working on this project since Thursday, when I finished the purple shirt. It's been a busy couple of days, though, so I just got around to finishing the first part of the project this morning. This is a dress that my mother wore during her pregnancy with me. It's very 90's, though the print is decent. Also, the fabric is really soft, and thus salvageable.
I separated the dress into top and bottom, and used the short pattern that I developed for the HRC project with the material from the skirt. The dress had pockets that were beautifully made with french seams. I put the front and back pieces of my short pattern on the edge of the pockets, and this way cut the pockets in to the shorts! That's one less thing that I had to do!
The shorts went together easily enough. These have a little more give to them than the fabric from the last pair. I'll definitely be getting a lot of use out of these!
Check back tomorrow for part 2 of this project!