Way long ago the super cool Meghan of Made By Meg and I began talking about possibly doing some sort of sewing project together. After throwing around a lot of different options, we decided to buy the same fabric and then see what the other did with it! (ETA: Here's her cool project!)
After one crazy-busy semester and a lot of deliberation, I decided to make a simple t-shirt dress with my fabric. I wanted something simple that would show off the pattern. I used the Alexia dress pattern from Un été couture. The only problem I had with this pattern is that I don't speak any French. After google translating some important terms such as "hem allowance," the pattern was very easy to use.
As part of our project, Meg and I each sent each other a package full of notions from our own stashes to use. Meg sent me some super cool buttons, thread, and a really cute card, in addition to some other cool things. I used the lace hem tape that she sent me on the neckline and sleeves because I hate using facings, and that's what the book recommended.
I really love how this project turned out, and I can't wait to wear this everywhere!! One of my favorite parts of this is definitely the matching head band that I made, which I sadly lost somewhere in Walmart while grocery shopping the second day I wore it. Luckily I still have enough fabric left to remake it!